The evening “Ranch Rendezvous” starts with a one-hour trail ride, followed by a horse-drawn wagon ride and complete steak dinner with entertainment at “The Sedona Lookout,” our all-weather cookout site.
The M Diamond Ranch is a Sedona horseback riding heaven
Horseback riding offers an incomparably soul-satisfying way to take in the spirit of this region and learn about the unique ecosystem that makes it so special. Every horseback adventure we offer is guaranteed to provide an authentic and memorable experience set in an awe-inspiring, wilderness landscape. You ride on private trails accessed only by the M Diamond Ranch and the wildlife that naturally inhabits the area. There are no hikers, bikers, and dogs running on our trails!
Come enjoy our wide open spaces and learn how we work to protect and improve them on this mesmerizing horseback ride in Sedona. This is a great opportunity to see wildlife, but it is NOT an appointment to do so; we’re dealing with Mother Nature here, not Walt Disney! Depending on the season, you might see elk, deer, antelope, bighorn sheep, Gambel quail, javelina, red tail hawks, and western blue birds in the winter, and wildflowers in the spring. So, bring your camera – the sights are awesome!
Explore our horseback rides
Our wrangler guides recommend
- Long pants and closed-toed shoes are strongly recommended for our Arizona horseback riding adventures. No sandals or flip-flops. Hats MUST be secured with a tie under the chin (except baseball caps).
- Pocket-sized cameras are best on the trail ride. Larger cameras, bags, and backpacks must be stowed until after the ride. Cell phones WILL work their way out of your back pocket and may be lost on the trail. We provide pouches for these.
- Riders must be seven years old or older. Riding “double” is extremely dangerous and prohibited by our liability insurance, Younger kids can be led around the corral horseback, but must be accompanied by an adult. And this must be arranged ahead of time when you make your reservation.
- Trail and weather conditions apply. We go rain or shine unless the conditions are unsafe, which are usually severe thunderstorms occurring late in the afternoon in the summer monsoon season (July-September). We require a US phone number (or hotel phone number) so that we can reach you regarding weather issues.
- Horseback riding is NOT recommended for pregnant women or persons with back problems, allergic reactions, or certain medical and physical conditions.
- SPECIAL NEEDS can sometimes be accommodated, but we must know about them ahead of time, and we reserve the right to refuse rides if we feel we cannot ensure safety. Parents are urged in the strongest way to discuss this when making a reservation, or to note it if reservations are made online.
- Cancellation policy: 100% charge for less than 24 hours’ notice or no show